4 Facts You Should Know About Pests
In the Las Vegas area, there are many insects, arachnids, and rodents that can potentially invade your home. While many of them are simply a nuisance, some can be a real problem. In this blog post, we’ll talk about how pests can negatively affect your home and your health.
Pests Can Damage Your Home
Pests like rodents, spiders, and termites can easily infest your home and cause millions of dollars in damage. In fact, according to the National Pest Management Association, termites alone cause around $5 billion dollars in damage a year!
- Rats and mice will chew through insulation, sheetrock, appliances, and even electrical wires, putting your home at risk of a fire
- Rats and mice will also leave dander, urine, and droppings throughout your home
- Squirrels will create holes in soffits and make nests in attics
- Termites, who often go unnoticed, will use their saw-like jaws to severely destroy any wood materials in the home including beams, cabinets, and floors
Pigeons will not only create nests in your attic but their droppings are very acidic which can eat through your roof
Pests Can Damage Your Personal Belongings
Pest damage doesn’t stop at the home, pests, especially rodents will damage your personal belongings. Rats and mice have sharp teeth and they’ll use them to knaw on anything that comes in their path. This includes furniture, valuable paintings, personal heirlooms, and important documents. The acidity of pigeon droppings will eventually eat away at the protective coating on your car.
Pests Can Sting or Bite
The most common pests that can sting or bite in Las Vegas are wasps, scorpions, spiders, ticks and bed bugs. Each of these pests have their own problems. Some can transmit diseases, some are extremely venomous, and some are simply a nuisance.
Pests Pose Health Concerns
There are many ways rodents, wildlife, and insects can make you ill. These pests get into garbage, plumbing, and sewers picking up harmful bacteria and viruses which they can then bring into your home.
- Pests leave behind waste and dander that can go airborne and contaminate the air in your home
- Mosquitoes and cockroaches spread allergy, asthma, and food contamination illnesses
- Rats and mice are especially harmful because they may contaminate any areas they come in contact with as they search for food and nesting supplies. Mice leave urine as they scurry around so they are constantly spreading potentially harmful diseases. These rodents are known to carry Salmonella, E. Coli, Lyme Disease, and Hantavirus
- Rodents can transmit diseases indirectly as well, through any fleas, ticks, and mites that may have infested them
Professional Pest Control
There are several ways pests can harm you, your family, and your home. This is why every homeowner should have a quality pest control plan in place. By staying proactive, you’ll have a less chance of a pest invasion. For tips on how to protect your home from pests, take a look at our “Pest-Proof Your Home This Winter” blog post.
4 Facts You Should Know About Pests in Las Vegas and Henderson NV
Extermination Services in Las Vegas NV, North Las Vegas and Henderson NV