What Attracts Spiders in Your Home?
Serving Las Vegas | Henderson | North Las Vegas
Just like any creature, spiders need food and shelter. While the ideal living conditions for a spider varies from species to species, your home is likely the perfect habitat for more than one type of spider for a variety of reasons. Food, debris or a lack of sanitation, and warmth or humidity are three of the main factors that attract spiders to make themselves at home in your property. They may choose to crawl inside your home for a variety of reasons, including unfavorable weather conditions, easy access, and even in search for a mate. Once inside, they can be hard to get rid of, so knowing the ways to keep them out of your home in the first place is essential!
What Are Spiders Attracted to In My Home?
Most spiders adapt well to living outdoors with the endless shelter and food sources. They typically enter homes for survival-based reasons. Several things inside your home that are attractive to spiders include:
- Food: Spiders are drawn indoors to prey on the other insects that may be inside your home. It’s a domino effect: you leave out food, insects arrive to feed on that food, and spiders eventually make their way indoors to feed on those insects!
- Debris: If you have piles of clothes, trash that hasn’t been taken out, or debris scattered around, you may unknowingly be making an indoor paradise for spiders.
- Warmth: During the colder months, spiders will crawl inside your cozy home to seek out warm, dark areas to build webs.
- Humidity: Some species are attracted to high levels of humidity. When they get inside your home, they will search for humid areas such as the basement or attic.
Areas surrounding your home, such as a garden or wood piles in your backyard will often attract a variety of spiders. The close proximity to your home will increase the chance of them eventually taking up residence inside.
Ready to Schedule your Free Spider Control Estimate?
We’ll call you right back, in 30 minutes or less. Just fill in your info below!
How Do I Keep Spiders Out of My Home?
Because they can crawl inside through the tiniest openings and excel at dwelling in hidden spots, keeping spiders out of your home is notoriously difficult. Nonetheless, there are several prevention tips that may make your home less attractive to spiders. In addition to regularly keeping a clean household and securely storing food, you may consider the following tips:
- Cut back bushes, trees, and shrubs that are too close to the foundation of your home.
- When cleaning, sweep every corner and remove any cobwebs from the ceilings.
- Inspect your foundation to identify any cracks or crevices that need to be patched.
- Seal of caulk gaps and openings around doors and windows. Alternatively, install secure screens.
Professional Help for Spider Prevention and Control
If prevention isn’t working, it may be time to call a professional who can help you identify what makes your home so attractive to spiders. When you call our professional exterminators at Pest Control Inc., you can rest assured the source of spiders will be identified and taken care of. We specialize in coming up with spider extermination solutions that will last, and help our customers learn about the best prevention methods. If you want to learn more about our spider control methods, give our experienced technicians a call today and get a free estimate!
What Attracts Spiders in Your Home? in Las Vegas and Henderson NV
Extermination Services around Las Vegas and Henderson NV