How Do I Keep Scorpions Out of My Home?
Serving Las Vegas | Henderson | North Las Vegas
During the summer months, it is very likely you will see a scorpion or two near your desert home. Newer homes built further out are even more susceptible, as construction drives scorpions away from their habitat in search for a new place to live. Once scorpions get inside your property, it’s hard to get rid of them and requires professional assistance. To keep scorpions out of your home in the first place, there are a number of prevention tips including sealing entry points and keeping areas in and around your home free of debris.
What Attracts Scorpions to Come Inside?
Just like any other pest, scorpions are constantly searching for shelter and food. This search often leads them to enter any home or property that can easily access. Some of the reasons scorpions crawl inside your home include:
- They are searching for water, food, and shelter.
- Because they are climbers, they may climb the exterior of your home and enter through the attic.
- If you have other insects in your home, scorpions are even more tempted to come inside.
- Cold desert nights may drive them inside.
- They simply have easy access due to holes or cracks in your foundation.
Ready to Schedule your Free Scorpion Control Estimate?
We’ll call you right back, in 30 minutes or less. Just fill in your info below!
How Do I Prevent Scorpions?
If you already have scorpions inside your home, it’s best to call a professional who will likely advocate for some of the following prevention tips in keeping future scorpions out of your property. Several actions that may help keep scorpions out of your home include:
- Keep your yard free of debris piles and branches. Scorpions hide under piles of leaves or other debris, so eliminating their source of shelter may send them on their way.
- Trim back branches and bushes. Keeping your landscaping tidy and a good distance away from the perimeter of your home may keep scorpions from coming too close to your foundation line.
- Seal cracks and crevices in your home. Scorpions can crawl into the tiniest of spaces, so ensuring your home is free of any holes that may grant them access is key. Fill in any cracks and caulk around windows and doors.
- Keep your indoor area clean to avoid other insects. If you leave food out or keep a messy home, scorpions will come inside to seek out other insects. Making sure to store all food in sealed containers and throwing trash away promptly can help deter this.
Professional Help For Scorpion Prevention
If these prevention tips did not work or if you are already dealing with a scorpion infestation, it’s time to call a professional exterminator. At Pest Control Inc., we understand the unique situation our Las Vegas and Henderson customers face when it comes to scorpions. Our experienced technicians have the tools and resources to permanently eliminate scorpions from your home, and they will help you understand how to prevent them from coming back. We guarantee our services, meaning we promise to keep scorpions out of your home for good! Give us a call today to learn more about our scorpion control techniques or for a free estimate.
How Do I Keep Scorpions Out of My Home? in Las Vegas and Henderson NV
Extermination Services around Las Vegas and Henderson NV