Are Rodents Dangerous?
Serving Las Vegas | Henderson | North Las Vegas
If you have a rodent infestation, you are probably worried about how dangerous they may be. Unfortunately, rodents are some of the most destructive pests that can infest your home. Not only do they cause costly damage to your home through their gnawing, nesting, and tunneling behaviors, they also pose a serious health risk. Their feces can carry harmful bacteria and viruses, and they are capable of carrying diseases and parasites that are dangerous for humans. Treating rodent infestations in your home promptly and thoroughly cleaning your home can help keep you safe from the many dangers rodents bring into your home.
What Are the Dangers of Rodents in Your Home?
No homeowner wants to deal with a rodent infestation, but rats or mice in the home is more than just an annoyance. There are several things to worry about when rodents are in your property:
- Bacteria and viruses: The CDC reported that rodents are responsible for 11 deadly diseases. Breathing in any dust contaminated with urine or feces may infect you. They also can carry viruses and bacteria that result in a number of symptoms and illnesses.
- Chewing damage: To keep their teeth from growing too long, rodents are constantly chewing and gnawing on just about anything they can find. They can chew through wires, insulation, and wood, which can be extremely expensive to repair.
- Extra pests: It’s common for rodents to carry other pests such as fleas, ticks, mites, and lice. When rats or mice enter your home, the pests they bring with them can also infiltrate your home and may also be carriers of disease.
Ready to Schedule your Free Rodent Control Estimate?
We’ll call you right back, in 30 minutes or less. Just fill in your info below!
What Types of Diseases do Rodents Carry?
Diseases transmitted by rats and mice are either transmitted directly from human exposure to infected droppings or bites, or indirectly through the fleas or ticks they carry. Some of the diseases that affect humans include:
- Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome
- Leptospirosis or Weil’s disease
- Rat-bite fever
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM)
Professional Help for Rodent Extermination
With the many dangers associated with a rodent infestation, it’s important to take action as soon as you see the signs of rats or mice in your property. Pest Control Inc. has a comprehensive rodent extermination program that includes a number of trapping, exclusion, and elimination methods. We are proud to guarantee our services, meaning we will continue to treat an infestation until it is taken care of for good. To learn more about our techniques or for a free estimate, call our experienced technicians today!
Are Rodents Dangerous? in Las Vegas and Henderson NV
Extermination Services around Las Vegas and Henderson NV