Where Do Bed Bugs Live?
Serving Las Vegas | Henderson | North Las Vegas
Bed bugs are becoming a persistent issue throughout the United States. Though they were nearly eradicated in the 1980s, they’ve made a strong comeback.
Part of what makes bed bug infestations so difficult to treat is the primary step towards any elimination: finding them! At Pest Control Inc, we believe in empowering our customers to make smart decisions to protect their home. One of the best ways to eliminate bed bugs is to know where and how to inspect for them.
Ready to Schedule your Free Bed Bug Treatment Estimate?
We’ll call you right back, in 30 minutes or less. Just fill in your info below!
Common Places Bed Bugs Live
If you want to find a bed bug infestation, look in the places that are close to resting humans, but still provide shelter or a hiding spot. If you suspect a bed bug infestation, we suggest checking these places first:
- Mattress piping
- Pet beds
- Pet kennels or carriers
- Electrical outlets
How often do bed bugs feed?
Unlike some other insects and animals, bed bugs don’t actually have a set feeding schedule. Their feeding fluctuates depending on population availability, time of day (although this can vary), temperature and humidity, and life cycle.
If the home is cool, bed bugs can survive without a meal for over a year. That’s quite a long time, especially if you don’t know you have an infestation! This is just one of the reasons we recommend professional extermination for bed bugs. You can’t rely on bed bugs to die off or go away on their own.
Can you have a bed bug infestation and not know it?
Yes! In the beginning stages of bed bug infestations, you may not feel or notice a problem. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Not everyone has a physical reaction to bites.
- It’s true! Just like mosquitoes, some people have mild allergic reactions to bed bugs, and some do not.
- Bites are not a good indicator of an infestation, and could, in fact, be another insect.
- Bed bugs are good at hiding.
- There’s a reason why bed bugs like the locations that they do: it prevents people from removing them!
- Bed bugs are very small.
- It seems really obvious, but this is a huge reason why some infestations can grow over time.
- While bed bugs are visible to the naked eye, it takes deliberate attention to find them.
- You’re better off looking for other indications, like brown clumps on the mattress, pale yellow egg casings, and red stains on fabric.
Professional Help to Find and Treat Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are very good at hiding, and it takes a concentrated effort to get rid of them. If you suspect you have an infestation, or you need to treat your home for bed bugs, contact Pest Control Inc. Our team of expert exterminators will inspect, treat, and eliminate the bed bug infestation in your home quickly and efficiently.
Where Do Bed Bugs Live? in Las Vegas and Henderson NV
Extermination Services in Las Vegas NV, North Las Vegas and Henderson NV