How Long Does it Take to Kill an Ant Colony?
Serving Las Vegas | Henderson | North Las Vegas
If you have ants in your home, you might be wondering how long it will take to exterminate them. There are are several factors that determine how long it takes to kill an ant colony. At-home treatments can be effective temporarily, but DIY methods often take much longer to work than extermination with professional help does. When one of our experienced exterminators treats your ant infestation, it may take more than one visit to kill the colony. Improvement should be seen quickly, but complete elimination can take anywhere from several weeks to a couple of months. At Pest Control Inc., our money-back guarantee ensures we will continue to treat your ant infestation until we have exterminated the entire colony.
Why Are Ants so Difficult to Get Rid Of?
Ant control is notoriously tricky and may take a number of treatments to kill a colony for good. There are a number of reasons why it can be difficult to exterminate an ant infestation:
- Ants live in giant, social colonies and can have separate nests. Even when you eliminate one nest, it’s likely survivors will escape and start to repopulate.
- Worker ants, which are typically the ants seen in your home, can live up to seven years. Queen ants, however, can live as long as 15 years. If the queen stays alive during treatment, new colonies will continue to rise.
- Colonies are often built in inaccessible places, making it hard to locate and destroy them.
- At-home treatments and store-bought pesticides are not strong enough to totally exterminate a population. Surviving ants will quickly retreat and start new colonies.
Ready to Schedule your Free Ant Control Estimate?
We’ll call you right back, in 30 minutes or less. Just fill in your info below!
Can Ant Colonies Ever be Fully Exterminated?
Even though killing an ant colony is difficult and can take months, it is possible to fully exterminate ants from your home. By hiring a professional company that guarantees their services, you can rest assured that they will continue to treat your property until all signs of an ant colony are eliminated. Experienced technicians will set up a maintenance plan for ant elimination that may include some of the following services:
- Inspecting the entire property to evaluate the infestation.
- Locating and destroying nests through all means necessary.
- Returning to further inspect the infestation and reapply treatment where necessary.
- Providing you with prevention tips on eliminating food sources that may encourage ant re-population.
Professional Services for Killing an Ant Colony
Bottom line, it may not be a quick process to completely eliminate ants from your home. The best chance you have at properly and thoroughly exterminating an ant infestation is by calling a professional. Pest Control Inc. has more than 20 years of experience, making us your local leaders in ant control. If you are still seeing ants in your home after treatment, we promise to return for further treatment. Call us today for a free consultation and to learn more about our reliable ant extermination methods.
How Long Does it Take to Kill an Ant Colony? in Las Vegas and Henderson NV
Extermination Services in Las Vegas NV, North Las Vegas and Henderson NV