Pests can be very annoying and an inconvenience to your daily life. Not to mention some pests could effect your health if not taken care of. In Las Vegas there are a few common pests that many homeowners have to deal with. A commercial pest company is the best option in eliminating the pests mentioned in this article.
- Cockroaches – Cockroaches are no stranger to any Las Vegas home. These pests prefer living in warm, dark areas which makes a house the perfect place for them. Cockroaches have been around for millions of years, probably due to their ability to live through many treacherous circumstances. They are able to live weeks without having food, water and even without their head. These pests can eat anything which is why they are commonly found in kitchens and anywhere with exposed food. Cockroaches carry lots of bacteria and allergens that can lead to allergies, but children are the most likely to be effected by these pests. If you have found cockroaches around your home you should contact a pest control company in your area.
- Wasps – These pests make their nests near buildings or around trees. They are most commonly seen around the spring and summer time. People with pools or gardens in their backyard are more likely to see these pests. Similar to bees, wasps sting but they do not die after they sting something. Some people have severe allergic reactions to wasp stings. It is important to have the nests removed as soon as they are found so that more wasps don’t continue to live around your home.
- Crickets – The chirping noise you hear on a warm summer night is most likely coming from a cricket. Crickets are most frequently found living under dirt, rocks, or leaves outside in backyards, fields, etc. Crickets are similar to grasshoppers in their appearance and how they travel. Crickets jump similar to a grasshopper because their wings are not long enough for them to fly.
- Mice – These disease carrying rodents are terrifying to find in your home, workplace or any place in between. These rodents rarely travel alone so if you see one there is probably at least one more somewhere near by. Even if you don’t see a mouse you may find some of their droppings on the ground, in drawers, or even on top of tables and desks. These rodents leave many droppings around each day which is one way in which they spread germs. If you see a mouse or their droppings it is important to contact a commercial pest control service that offers rodent removal services. If not taken care of immediately the rodent population in that area could increase.
- Ants – Ants often come by the hundreds to thousands. Unlike many other pests, ants can be found year round. They typically find their way to exposed foods or drinks that are sweet or sugary. Female ants are able to have millions of babies in their lifetime. If not promptly taken care of, ants will infest the surrounding areas.
- Black Widows – Black widows are black or brown and some have red or yellow areas around the abdominal region. Females are the largest of the two sexes and the most venomous. The female black widow is one of the most venomous insects in North America and a male black widow is not venomous at all. Black widows are nocturnal and prefer dark areas. Like many spiders black widows eat other insects that they store in their webs.
- Desert (Brown) Recluse Spider – These spiders typically live out side in dead plant limbs. This type of spider typically remains outside unless unknowingly is living in a piece of a plant that is moved by a human. Unlike the black widow, a desert recluse’s rarely bite humans and their venom is not dangerously potent.
- Bees – Bees are most active during the spring and summer times. They are often found around pools and gardens. They live in hives which in some circumstances up to thousands of bees can live. Bees often sting people which is often painful and can be irritating for days to come. Some people have severe allergies to bee stings that have many side effects some of which could lead to death. Getting a pest control company to perform a bee removal of a bee hive will eliminate bees from the area.
- Elm Root Borer – This pest is held in the beetle category and are most active between spring and late fall. Elm root borers can be anywhere between a half an inch to an inch long and look similar to other beetles. Elm root borer’s are found in elm trees which is also their main source of food. They feed off of leaves and other parts of the elm tree. If a elm root borer is not caught soon enough the elm tree may have to be removed from the land to prevent any future issues.
- Cicadas – Cicadas are insects that make a very loud noise. They typically live underground where they can live up to 17 years. Cicadas mainly only eat tree sap so they are not threat to any plants or exposed food that may be laying around. Cicadas are not a disease carrying insect and do not sting or bite. For this reason cicadas do not pose a direct threat to humans but the noises they make may be disturbing.
Pests are something most homes and buildings have to take care of. Although there are pesticides offered at local stores that are not nearly as efficient as commercial products. The products that commercial pest control companies use are much more effect and long lasting. Also, pest control companies also know what is best to use for the specific issues you are having. By having scheduled pest control services you should remain bug free.