Appearance and Size Facts
- In Nevada, scorpions are usually tan to dark brown or striped in color
- Broad flattened body and eight legs
- The front pair of claw-like pincers are used to hold their prey, while a sting is present at the tip of the tail
- Size: In Nevada scorpions vary in size from 1 to 4 inches in length
- Scorpions are predators that usually feed on other insects, and they are very active at night.
Just Call PCI!
Behavior & Habitat
Nevada’s temperate and dry conditions provide significantly increased insect and pest activity as compared to most areas of The US. The lack of a cold season allows pests to thrive and multiply all year long. Learn more about your pest here.
Signs of Infestation
Pests provide a variety of warning signs that vary from species to species. Some may leave subtle clues while others may cause major structural damage resulting in thousands of dollars in repairs. Learn more to protect your home and family.
Preventative Pest Tips
There are many things we can do to prevent pests from controlling our environment. Caulking cracks that pests can crawl through, maintaining sanitary conditions to deny pests a food source and eliminating any structure wood content with the earth are just a few.
PCI offers a wide array of residential and commercial services. There is no better time than now to obtain PCI’s – Health Conscious Services Program at a discount. See below for discount plans available in your neighborhood. See special terms and conditions.