Signs You Have Bed Bugs
Serving Las Vegas | Henderson | North Las Vegas
Bed bugs are very small and rarely seen during the day. But just because you don’t see them, doesn’t mean they aren’t there. These tiny blood-sucking pests are skilled hiders. They will hide in picture frames, baseboards, nightstands, and anywhere else they’ll go unnoticed. Then, they’ll come out at night when their host is asleep so they can get their blood meal.
Bed bugs are very resilient. They can survive in the most extreme conditions, making them one of the most difficult pests to eradicate, even for skilled pest control technicians.
Believe you have bed bugs? Keep reading to learn the common signs of a bed bug infestation.
Ready to Schedule your Free Bed Bug Treatment Estimate?
We’ll call you right back, in 30 minutes or less. Just fill in your info below!
Bed Bug Signs
- Physically seeing bed bugs: bed bugs are tiny oval-shaped pests. They’re about the size of an apple seed and are brown or reddish in color
- Bed bug bites: bed bugs bite in clusters. If you have itchy red welts in a type of zig-zag pattern, they might be bed bug bites. They’re often mistaken for mosquito bites but are itchier and take longer to heal
- Musty odors: bed bugs release pheromones that are musty. This unpleasant odor will become stronger, the larger the infestation
- Bloody bedding: when bed bugs bit you, they inject with you an anticoagulant. Once they’ve finished feeding, you may continue to bleed, staining your pillows and sheets
- Rust-colored smears or stains: bed bug excrement is rust-colored, black, or brown and stains may look splotchy or dotted
- Bed bug exoskeletons: bed bugs shed their casings as they grow into their next stage in life. You may see these shedded pieces of skin near your bed and headboard
- Bed bug eggs: bed bug eggs look similar to a small grain of white rice. They’re sticky and nearly translucent
What Attracts Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are attracted to the carbon dioxide you exhale. In fact, that’s how they locate you. When you’re asleep, your carbon dioxide levels increase, alerting bed bugs. Bed bugs aren’t attracted to filth and grime like commonly believed.
Bed Bug Exterminators
Is your home showing signs of a bed bug infestation, contact us at Pest Control Inc. Although bed bugs don’t cause real harm, they can cause psychological stress. Only a proper inspection by a skilled bed bug exterminator will confirm whether or not you have bed bugs.
We provide safe and effective bed bug treatments to homeowners and businesses in the Las Vegas NV area. We will eliminate these pests and help prevent them from returning using Integrated Pest Management techniques. So contact us today for an inspection and free estimate!
Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation in Las Vegas and Henderson NV
Extermination Services in Las Vegas NV, North Las Vegas and Henderson NV