Appearance and Size Facts
- Ticks have four pairs of legs as adults and no antennae
- Vary in color by species
- Two groups of ticks, sometimes called the hard ticks and soft ticks
- Hard ticks, like the common dog tick, have a hard shield just behind the mouthparts. Ehen unfed, are shaped like a flat seed
- Soft ticks do not have the hard shield and they are shaped like a large raisin
- Size: Adult ticks range in size from 1/8 inch to 5/8 inch in length
Just Call PCI!
Behavior & Habitat
Nevada’s temperate and dry conditions provide significantly increased insect and pest activity as compared to most areas of The US. The lack of a cold season allows pests to thrive and multiply all year long. Learn more about your pest here.
Signs of Infestation
Pests provide a variety of warning signs that vary from species to species. Some may leave subtle clues while others may cause major structural damage resulting in thousands of dollars in repairs. Learn more to protect your home and family.
Preventative Pest Tips
There are many things we can do to prevent pests from controlling our environment. Caulking cracks that pests can crawl through, maintaining sanitary conditions to deny pests a food source and eliminating any structure wood content with the earth are just a few.
PCI offers a wide array of residential and commercial services. There is no better time than now to obtain PCI’s – Health Conscious Services Program at a discount. See below for discount plans available in your neighborhood. See special terms and conditions.